Welcome to this design and illustration blog from print & pattern designer Hannah Rampley. My work is inspired by nature - fruits, vegetables and other natural forms that I make into intricate pretty patterns. I then hand screen print all of my fabrics in bright, unexpected colour ways. I am currently working on a new product line which will be released soon and continue creating commissions for clients. Here I post mood boards, news and lovely links from around the web!

post

Tuesday 21 July 2015

South Woodford Zizzi Mural

I spent last week staying in Epping forest near South Woodford painting a mural for Zizzi. This was the sixth mural I have designed and painted for Zizzi and was probably the largest surface area I have covered. It was pretty fitting that I was staying in the forest as that was the theme for this mural- the legend of the white stag, and the royal history of the area. This mural ended up a lot more traditional looking than I intended; it's always really interesting to see how your work changes in both large scale and when replicated again freehand, but I am pleased with how it integrated with the space. 








So there you are! The last image was taken by Zizzi so you can see a good overview and how it looks in the restaurant!

Post a Comment